SPEEDY'S #TBT QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE BIGGEST LIES PARENTS TELL THEIR KIDS? HERE ARE 14 BIG ONES
I can remember sitting on my back porch in the middle of the summer, my mom had put a watermelon in th fridge for about 2 days. The weekend came and we cracked it open, I can still smell the fresh watermellon. But, what I remember the most is my mom saying "Don't eat the seeds they'll grow a tree in your belly." That one stament stayed with me till this day. LOL!!
I took to Facebook and asked my Facebook friends "What are some of the lies that your parents told you?" This is the list I came up with.
- Don't eat the watermelon seeds it will grow a tree in your belly
- The ice cream man only plays music when he's out of ice cream.
- If you swallow your gum it will stay in your stomach up to seven years
- If you touch a toad you'll get warts.
- They don't sell replacement batteries for that toy!
- Hospitals are closed on the weekend so don't get hurt.
- Don't eat the dead men in a crab because you'll get sick and die.
- Everything was Chicken, if it was roastbeef or pork chops. "Eat the chicken!"
- Everything closes on the weekend so we're stayong home.
- If you cross your eyes and someone slaps your head they will stay like that FOEVER!
- If you burp, fart and sneeze at the same time your ears will explode.
- If you dont wear your seat belt you'll get arrested.
- If you pee in the pool, a blue line follows you around so everybody will know!
- You better behave because santa and the easter bunny are watching!